Eclogesic SR contains Aceclofenac in sustained release form. It is a phenylacetic acid derivative which produces its action on inflammatory mediators. It is a glycolic acid ester of diclofenac.
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
It is a NSAID which produces its action by blocking COX-1 which is involved in inflammatory processes. This inflammatory mediators produces response to any injury and cause pain and swelling. It is a glycolic acid ester of diclofenac.
After oral administration it is well absorbed in the body.
About 99.7% of the drug is bound to plasma protein. It produces its action by concentrating in synovial fluid. The drug is metabolized in liver as 4-hydroxyaceclofenac.
It is excreted as conjugated metabolites through urine.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the component present in the drug
- Patients with asthma, bronchospasm or acute rhinitis
- Renal impairment
- Patient with the history of peptic ulcer
- Cautiously used in epileptic patients and patients with convulsions
- Lower dose should be used in patients with diarrhea
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Elderly Patients