Osrica M contains methylcobalamin and pregabalin.
It is a form of vitaminB12. It is a cobalamin which differs from cyanocobalamin. The cyanide group is replaced by methyl group in methylcobalamin. Octahedral cobalt III is present in the centre.
It is an anticonvulsant drug which is mainly used for neuropathic pain. It is adjuvant for partial seizure therapy. It also effective in chronic pain disorders such as spinal cord injury or fibromyalgia.
- Chronic pain, post operative pain
- Neuropathic pain associated with spinal cord injury
- Enhances memory learning
- Support the nervous system
- Enhance the immune system
- Supports brain and nerve function
- Boost the energy
- Increases the cardiovascular health
- Balances the homocysteine levels
Once a day
Osrica M is a combination of pregabalin and methylcobalamin.
It decreases the release of neurotransmitters and helps in the regeneration of myelin sheath. Pregabalin also produces analgesic effect which causes relief in pain. Methylcobalamin is the active form of vitamin B12 which a water soluble vitamin. It functions as to transfer methyl group for the regeneration of methionine from homocysteine. It acts as a cofactor for enzyme methionin synthase. In cases of anemia it causes the production of erythrocytes by nucleic acid synthesis in bone marrow.
The drug is well absorbed in the body with peak concentration achieved after 3hrs.
After oral administration it is well distributed
The drug is excreted through urine.
The drug is administered in empty with peak plasma concentration attaining in 1hr. the absorption of food is decreased with presence of food.
The volume of distribution for the drug is 0.56L/kg. The drug is not bound to plasma protein. The drug is metabolized in the body with N-methyl pregabalin as metabolite.
The drug follows renal excretion with half life 5–6.5 hours
- Patients with hypersensitivity to drug
- Safe during pregnancy and lactation
- Not be used by allergic patients
- Pregabalin causes drowsiness or blurred vision, patient should not drive when administered with this drug
- Avoid alcohol use
- Can reduce platelets in the body
- Don’t start or stop the use of drug without consulting your physician